My Local Getaway (‘we’) provides a travel itinerary planning service.
The service we provide is the design and supply of a suggested itinerary for your visit to the Blue Mountains. The itinerary is suggested because it is at your discretion whether you choose to follow the itinerary, and/or engage with any of the suggested third-party accommodation providers, dining, experience or activity suppliers (‘suppliers’).
My Local Getaway charges a travel itinerary planning fee to you, the Client (‘you’), for the travel itinerary we supply. We require advance payment ahead of any itinerary planning services commencing.
This is the process we follow to design and supply a suggested itinerary for you:
1. Client will advise the number of days/nights you wish to stay in the Blue Mountains, along with confirmed arrival/departure dates.
2. We will issue an invoice with the itinerary planning fee which will need to be paid in full prior to any travel itinerary services commencing. Payments are to be made by credit card or bank transfer within 7 days of issue, received in Australian dollars (AUD). Any credit card fees, international transaction or exchange fees are the responsibility of the Client.
3. The itinerary planning fee is non-refundable or transferable.
4. Once payment is received, we will issue you with a suggested travel itinerary within 7 business days.
5. In the travel itinerary, if requested, we may include accommodation options for you to select and book directly.
6. If you advise an accommodation option where the accommodation provider allows us to reserve a room without requiring the provision of a deposit, a credit card swipe or any pre-payment, we will make and forward the reservation to you for your confirmation and for direct payment to the accommodation provider.
7. We may also include in the travel itinerary, dining, experience or activity options that require a reservation, booking, or instant purchase. Where this is the case, we will include any associated costs, fees or charges for such options, for your approval.
8. If you approve of any dining, experience or activity options that require a reservation, booking or instant purchase, we will make that reservation or booking in your name on your behalf and we will invoice the holding deposit, guarantee or instant payment, as the case may be, to you. You acknowledge that the supplier may pay us a commission for the booking.
9. You will need to pay the invoice for the holding deposit, guarantee or instant payment in full before the availability of the reservation or booking is confirmed. Delay in payment may result in the availability or the cost of the activity or reservation changing and may require us to rework to the itinerary, which may attract an additional fee.
10. We will make the booking with the supplier once payment is received.
11. All bookings made for accommodation and other options will be subject to any payment / amendment / cancellation / transfer conditions and policies of the supplier. No claim can be made by you against us to reimburse amounts paid.
12. All bookings, reservations and instant purchases made for accommodation and other options will be made in the Client’s name. We will be the initial booking contact so that we may confirm and collate your final itinerary and any tickets. We will forward confirmations and contact details to you once the booking is confirmed.
13. The Client will be responsible to manage the booking directly with the supplier, including making any amendments, and for cancellations to any such bookings. The Client will be responsible to pay any amendment and/or cancellation fees payable to the supplier. In the case of a Client cancellation or no-show where a booking has been financially guaranteed by My Local Getaway, an invoice will be issued to the Client to recover any cancellation fees incurred.
14. The Client will not hold My Local Getaway responsible to reimburse the Client for any deposits or payments forfeited by the supplier or any amendment or cancellation fees payable.
15. We strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover your travel arrangements. Your travel insurance should at least include cover for cancellation, loss of personal baggage and money and personal liability insurance. If you are not resident in Australia, medical, hospital, and pharmaceutical expenses arising from personal injury and accident should also be covered, as should repatriation expenses for death.
16. If your itinerary includes self-guided hikes/walks, it is your responsibility to have an appropriate level of fitness, and if you suffer from a medical condition, a medical clearance, before undertaking this activity.
My Local Getaway is not an accommodation, dining, experience or activity supplier. Our services are limited to a travel itinerary planning service, which may include making bookings.
While we take care in suggesting reputable suppliers, we do not act as their agent, nor are such suppliers our agent.
It is important to note that all bookings with suppliers are subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of liability imposed by such suppliers, some of which may seek to limit or exclude liability in respect of death, personal injury, delay and loss or damage of baggage.
You acknowledge and agree that My Local Getaway and its representatives assume no responsibility to the Client and will not be held liable by the Client for any personal injury, property damage, or other loss, accident, delay, inconvenience, or irregularity by reason of:
(1) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of the suppliers;
(2) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorised acts or omissions on the part of any employee or representative of these suppliers;
(3) any defect in or failure of any vehicle, equipment or instrumentality owned, operated, or used by any of these suppliers;
(4) any unsatisfactory experience provided while following the travel itinerary, including any self-guided activities or transport between locations;
(5) any event that is beyond our reasonable control and which we could not have reasonably prevented, or
(6) any wrongful or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any other party not under the direct control of My Local Getaway.
This document has been prepared for the personal use of the My Local Getaway client named in the itinerary.
All information contained within this document is for the use of the named My Local Getaway client only and must not be shared, distributed, published, copied or reproduced in full, or in part, in any way.